About multiple karma

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Is it some sort of Southeast Asian thing? Never heard of it.

Don;t know how you'd discern that. It's actually a South Boston/Brighton thing.

Try it with a Boston accent.
"MMMMMMMMM I just came"
"Didja get any onya?"

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
You ever run into anybody that spoke Lake Talk down in Brighton/Newton? You know, "mush," "pukka," "chavvy," etc?

jack

I grew up down there in the late 50's to late 60's.

"tonic" , gotta "doola" I can borrow, "wicked deeecent" "olly olly oxen free", "the balls" etc

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
Hahaha, "doola." Have definitely heard that before.

Lake Talk is this thing where people insist that residents of Nonantum used to talk to each other in this pseudo-Polari dialect. Not convinced it's true because I have never met a person IRL who could confirm.

jack

I'm not familiar with that speech pattern, nor have I heard that term. I grew up in the Brighton BHA projects. "Fidelis Way". Corner of Comm Ave and Washington Street. About a block up from Brighton Center. The only worse slum was Fanuel Projects in Dorchester. My dad was born in west Roxbury and grew up on Blue Hill Ave. Leonard Nimoy was a neighbor. He said they used to walk to school together.

jack

I think they've upgraded the T since, but we had the Green Line run right down Comm Ave.

I used to love putting gravel on the tracks, just to make the stones spark when the trolley would crush them.

jack

Sorry, we were busy having a conversation :D

The Question

Eternal
Well, what'n'the hell d'ya wanna go around doing perverted shit like that for?!

jack

I know. It's a bad habit I picked up somewhere.

jack

I know we're not supposed to bump QSF threads but this one's a classic.

My apologies to eggs in advance