Welcome Wordforge posters

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Oh Jeezus. Over in the Facebook group I pointed out that, with all the Palestine flags everywhere, we'd better be able to have Confederate flags again and she claimed no one said you couldn't have a Confederate flag. I pointed out all the statues that got torn down and destroyed, "The Dukes of Hazzard" getting pulled out of syndication, and a car show where the "Smokey & the Bandit" Trans-am got barred and she maintained that had nothing to do with the Confederate flag. Meanwhile, on WF, Dummyurge started a thread about how Biden is the best President in his lifetime.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Oh Jeezus. Over in the Facebook group I pointed out that, with all the Palestine flags everywhere, we'd better be able to have Confederate flags again and she claimed no one said you couldn't have a Confederate flag. I pointed out all the statues that got torn down and destroyed, "The Dukes of Hazzard" getting pulled out of syndication, and a car show where the "Smokey & the Bandit" Trans-am got barred and she maintained that had nothing to do with the Confederate flag. Meanwhile, on WF, Dummyurge started a thread about how Biden is the best President in his lifetime.
That's crazy! Everyone knows Obama was the best President. EVER.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Demiurge is one of the most rational posters left over there. But clearly the best President in our lifetime was Reagan.
Clinton was best President. Followed by Kennedy as 2nd best.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Clinton was best President. Followed by Kennedy as 2nd best.
Would have been our best Presidents if they weren't more concerned with cunt than our country. I voted for Clinton because I thought it was cool he could play a sax. Wouldn't have voted for him if I knew he was a player.

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor
Clinton was okay in my book aside from the scandals, but they all seem to have those. I know a lot of people hate Ronnie these days and probably for good reasons, but the 80s were a good time to be alive for me. The dude could make a speech, at least until he lost his marbles.

While I liked Obama as well you could tell he didn't want to be there, he just got drafted by the party and wasn't prepared for all the conflict both within congress and without. Overall it's been a mostly shitty past 40 years and no one is going to change that, or at least that's my take.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Bubba was a smart politician and the Republicans of the time were competent. So when he lost the legislature over the Clinton Gun Ban, he had the sense to move to the center and work with Gingrich and the GOP to get things done.

And everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I would submit that anyone who thinks Biden is doing a good job--let alone the best President in their lifetime is ANYTHING but rational.

jack

I agree with you. Just not interested in having a President that thinks he's a king.

Lanzman

No-one of consequence
Clinton was okay in my book aside from the scandals, but they all seem to have those. I know a lot of people hate Ronnie these days and probably for good reasons, but the 80s were a good time to be alive for me. The dude could make a speech, at least until he lost his marbles.

While I liked Obama as well you could tell he didn't want to be there, he just got drafted by the party and wasn't prepared for all the conflict both within congress and without. Overall it's been a mostly shitty past 40 years and no one is going to change that, or at least that's my take.
I think Obama's deal was that he was setting himself up to follow Hillary as President. I don't believe he actually expected to win when he did. He wasn't ready but he did all right. What the Democrats never understood . . . still don't understand . . . is how widely reviled Hillary is. She was the wrong candidate for the wrong reasons, and that powered Obama into office.

jack

I voted for Obama, but didn't like him much, especially in his 2nd term.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Here's the thing I'm seeing from this crowd: They want to Fuck Around. But they don't want to Find Out. They want to Play Stupid Games. But they don't want to Win Stupid Prizes. It's fine to break into the Chancellor's office. But they don't want to be shot for it. It's OK to rack up painful amounts of student debt for a PhD in Underwater Basketry, but they don't want to pay the loan. Everything is "I'll do what I want." But when the bill comes they go "Ho, shit, I don't want that. Someone bail me out." What's the solution? Obviously I'm not in charge, but I'm thinking a bayonet charge might go a lot way towards resetting everything. :bargman:

jack

I am finally reading "Becoming" by Michelle Obama and it is a good read. I can't believe how much shit people gave them both. I mean I can believe it because that is what people do-but I find it to be sad.

People love to say she's really a man.

jack

Speaking of WF I think i broke it this morning :bigass:

jack

Here's the thing I'm seeing from this crowd: They want to Fuck Around. But they don't want to Find Out. They want to Play Stupid Games. But they don't want to Win Stupid Prizes. It's fine to break into the Chancellor's office. But they don't want to be shot for it. It's OK to rack up painful amounts of student debt for a PhD in Underwater Basketry, but they don't want to pay the loan. Everything is "I'll do what I want." But when the bill comes they go "Ho, shit, I don't want that. Someone bail me out." What's the solution? Obviously I'm not in charge, but I'm thinking a bayonet charge might go a lot way towards resetting everything. :bargman:

I wish I could see your smilies.