Tiger Woods returning to competitive golf...

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

Tiger Woods: Live score, tracker, updates for golf icon from Round 1 at PGA Championship​

The anticipation is high as the four-time PGA Championship winner, Tiger Woods, prepares to grace the 2024 PGA Championship. His tee-off time is set for 8:04 am on Thursday, May 16, alongside Adam Scott and Keegan Bradley as he sets his sights on securing his fifth PGA Championship title. Woods, a paragon of resilience, has openly discussed the physical challenges that have occasionally hindered his golf game but has said he has made the physical accommodations to continue to play. Yet, Woods steadfastly asserts that he remains a formidable competitor, capable of holding his own against the league of best golfers. "Yeah, I can still hit shots," Woods shared candidly at a press conference at Valhalla Golf Club. "It's getting around is more of the difficulty that I face, day-to-day and the recovery of pushing myself either in practice or in competition days. You saw it at Augusta. I was there after two days and didn't do very well on the weekend." Woods won his first PGA Championship in 1999 at the age of 23 and then again in 2000, 2006, and 2007. Here are the live updates from Round 1 at Valhalla Golf Club.

Click Here For Full Story

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

PGA Championship storylines: Scheffler, McIlroy or Koepka? Can Tiger's body hold up?​

The second major championship of the year is upon us, and with it comes a tough test at Valhalla, where the long, narrow and wet golf course will test the world's best this week for the first time since 2014. Between the three players who arrive in Louisville with the best odds to hoist the Wanamaker Trophy, the continuing storyline of Tiger Woods' endurance and a couple of other major winners trying to make history (both with LIV and the PGA Tour), Valhalla is again primed to provide a fitting setting for what could be another dramatic PGA Championship.

Can Tiger's body hold up?

In what will be his first competitive appearance since making the cut at the Masters and finishing 16-over, Woods will be faced with a tough task on a familiar course. Valhalla Country Club is the site of the dramatic playoff victory Woods secured in 2000 over Bob May; it's also not the easiest of walks, especially given the added length over the years. Woods, who arrived Sunday, described the walk Tuesday as being more long than difficult and instead focused on what will be arguably the most important skill on display -- not just for him, but for the eventual winner -- this week: keeping the ball in the fairway.