All In With The Nuts

WTF?

DarthSikle

GFHH Moderator
I thought my cable was out for a sec

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Me too. It pissed me off.

I guess it's good that they left the door open if they want to do a mini-season in the future. But I hate finales that are so subtle that the producers are basically going to have to explain to the audience why it was so 'great'.

I get the tense feelings that the ending was supposed to stir up. And I get the tragicomic scene between Tony and Uncle Junior just before it. Subtle comments on what everything has amounted to after all these years. Clever. But clever doesn't always equal satisfying.

And by satisfying I don't mean I wanted some happy ending for Tony. I mean satisfying in that there is some kind of coda to all the hours that went before. This didn't provide that at all. Unless you're the type of person who is chronically clever, or likes to follow people around who are.

I expect there will be a big backlash to this finale. And then the producers will announce that there will be another season in a couple of years. Because while they made a good show over the years, they're also whores. And a lot of us didn't get off.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I think the bloom was already off the rose for these last 2 seasons. Still interesting television, but not as compelling as it was at first.

But as the 'Quality TV' cliche goes, even a bad episode of "X" is better than 90% of everthing else out there (you fill in the blank).