Is Anybody Really That Interested In Crab Fishing!?!?!?

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I mean fuck, turn on the Discovery Channel at any hour and there's about a 70% chance that they'll be showing "Deadliest Catch".

I mean, the show is kind of interesting and all, but damn. I get it. The sea is stormy. Moving around on deck is dangerous. Things break. And sometimes there aren't any crabs in the traps. How many different ways can they show that how many times a day?

What next? The hazards of dairy farming? :roll:

Tyrant

Well ever since Marty Staufer died, Volpone, it's pretty much gone down hill. I mean, how can you replace having your arm broken by your pet baby Grizzly without the content seeming to be.... boring?

Tyrant

I made it up.

The Dork Lord said:
You continue to debase yourself

clear indication of masochism!
Aww, you follow me like a little puppy. Don't be jealous if I talk to other people, I'll come back and play with you eventually.

*pats head*

The Dork Lord

Whipping Boy
this reinforces my social anxiety theory

clearly you are unable to handle simple

social exchanges, and revert to happier times

concerned mostly with the family pet

Laker_Girl

Mrs. Big Dick McGee
Volpone said:
I mean fuck, turn on the Discovery Channel at any hour and there's about a 70% chance that they'll be showing "Deadliest Catch".

I mean, the show is kind of interesting and all, but damn. I get it. The sea is stormy. Moving around on deck is dangerous. Things break. And sometimes there aren't any crabs in the traps. How many different ways can they show that how many times a day?

What next? The hazards of dairy farming? :roll:

And if one more person says to me, "Do you watch Deadliest Catch?" To which I answer, "No, it looks stupid." And then they always say, "Oh my God, that's my favorite show!" I'm going to beat them with a crab shell cracker.

BitchSlapSmitty

Laker_Girl said:
And if one more person says to me, "Do you watch Deadliest Catch?" To which I answer, "No, it looks stupid." And then they always say, "Oh my God, that's my favorite show!" I'm going to beat them with a crab shell cracker.

Here I thought they were really trying to ask you about crabs?

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Laker_Girl said:
Aw, c'mon. It's interesting stuff--for about three episodes. Then you're like "Ooh... I wonder if they'll find and crab today... :rolleyes:"

And now they've got this "Deadliest Catch: After the Season" or some Goddamned thing. It's basically all the captains and a camera crew, sitting around a bar in Seattle for an hour going "Oooh... Remember that time when we were wondering if we were going to find any crab that day?"

And it's on about every three days. I don't which is worse--if they actually taped several hours of these guys sitting around talking about crab fishing or that they just show the same hour over and over again. :(

Enkephalen

My Stars!
Well, I like to watch Cops. I would like to get a tee shirt that says on the front: "Get on the ground!! Get on the ground!!" and on the back: "Sir! I am on the ground!!" I've caught about three seconds of Deadliest Catch, but I prefer to eat the crabs, not watch how they got to my plate. I agree, it is really the Deadliest Bore.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Yeah. COPS is OK. American Chopper too. I think mostly because they aren't on, like 6 times a day, 7 days a week. That's the problem. I'll be channel surfing and it's like "What's on Discovery? Oh. 'Deadliest Catch.'" :rolleyes:

Enkephalen

My Stars!
I think we should just have the crab fishing guys strap on rollerskates. Would make for a fast paced show and add some interest.

Court T.V. has some interesting shows with Most Shocking Car Chases, Most Shocking Hollywood Chases and other such nonsense, along with Cops. Then G4 also has Cops shown endlessly. This is okay by me as I haven't burned out on law and order shows. Love the car chases, but hate the narration.